Thursday, April 26, 2007

Stalking... a sport or an all American past time?

First off I would like to say that I've been looking for a place to live spring/summer. I'm getting kicked out of this place because the owner is moving in for a month or so... plus it's too expensive for me anyway. Anyway, the apartment hunt is going a little better. I think I may have found a place that is still in this ward. I would really like to stay in this ward. I like the people and I just started to get to know them. Why stop a good thing right?

Anyway, onto the blog. Or in the words of my dear stalker, unto the blog. So lately I've kinda been developing this thing with a guy that all started with a joke about stalking. We met on the street outside my place and he told us to go to his hockey game. We went but we didn't talk to him. My dearest friend Emily added him as a friend on facebook so I figured why not. Anyway, months later he decided to say hi and we talked on facebook a lot. Which is funny because he lives like three blocks away and walks by my place at least twice a day.

So we had this joke going about me stalking him, then teaching him the ways and him stalking me. We'd go to each others homes and miss each other and leave notes... sometimes inside the house when no one was home. We know each other in real life now and actually talk to each other on the phone and hang out and such, but it was a little ironic that I was talking to him on the phone last night at about 2:30 in the morning when reason to believe we actually do have a bit of a stalker.

First let me tell you a little about where we live. It is a little condo. There are six of them and we are in the back upper corner and can look over a well used school parking lot, have a view of the backside of campus, and have a nice view of the hill most people use while walking onto campus from the south side. This gives us prime views of the lives going on around us. You'd be surprised to see the things we see out these windows. Especially me considering I really sit here for the majority of the day. I'll really miss this place when I leave in about a week.

The thing is that it doesn't just give us prime viewage, but it give people a WIDE variety of places to stop and look into our window. Anyway, our stairs have just been redone and you can pretty much always tell when people are walking up and down them. They tend to shake a bit, and are a little loud. So when I was talking to my buck really late I heard someone coming up and down the stairs repeatedly. I thought it might be him, so I asked and he said no and that it was kinda weird. Then I figured I catch the kid in action... whoever it may be. Which in theory sounded great, but could have been bad. Which I realized later.

I opened the door and saw a guy running down the stairs. I opened it when he was halfway down and I think I scared him cause he looked over really fast and ran off. I caught a glimpse of his face and it looked vaguely familiar. I looked in our ward directory and I think it is a guy that my roommate Susan and I met last week at a bonfire. I then realized that I have been seeing his face a lot lately... but never talked to him. I then realized that it has been around our apartment and the parking lot and such. Like in the weirdest places. After seeing the look on his face at 2:30 in the morning and not having anything left on the front porch or anything... I think one of us may have a bit of a stalker. I'm slightly weirded out. I dunno. Anyway, I have to get ready for work at 2, so I gotta run.

No comments: